Ex-militants Can’t Fight Boko Haram –Chief Of Army Staff

Lt. Gen. Kenneth Minimah
Lt. Gen. Kenneth Minimah

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Kenneth Minimah on Friday debunked reports that plans were concluded for the recruitment of 10 thousand ex-militants from the South-south and ex-service men to combat insurgents in the North-east. He said that ex-militants do not have the capacity to fifth Boko Haram insurgents.

The Arewa Consultative Forum, Thursday, had warned the authority of the Nigerian Army against the engagement of ex-militants under any guise to fight the Boko Haram insurgents in any part of the north.

However, General Minimah at the commissioning of the Radio Diagnosis Centre of the 44 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital, Kaduna today, asked Nigerians to distance themselves from the alleged plans since there was plan for such.

Minimah noted that the Nigerian military was capable of flushing out the fundamentalist group.

The commissioning of the ultra-modern Radio Diagnosis Centre, Minimah said, was part of the efforts by the Army authorities to boost the health and welfare of military personnel.

He explained that the authorities of the Nigerian Army upgraded the hospital to a level four international standard, given the nation’s contributions in peace-keeping across the world.

The Corps Commander Medicals of the Nigerian Army, Major General Obashina Ogunbiyi, earlier in his address, said the hospital remained the foremost tertiary and referral centre in the state which cater for both the army and civilian populace.

You should also read

Sign up for our Newsletter

Enter your email and stay on top of things,

Subscribe!