Chibok Girls Parents, Campaigners March To Aso Villa Today

Campaigners for the rescue of ‘Chibok girls’ will today march to the Presidential Villa, Abuja, to have an audience with President Goodluck Jonathan. Rotimi Olawale, the BringBackOurGirls media coordinator, on Monday, said the president had allowed them audience.

Olawale said “The objective of our march to the Villa is to convey the urgency for the immediate rescue of our girls and to hear directly from our President and the Commander in Chief of our Armed Forces the accurate status of the rescue effort for our Chibok Girls, whose six months in captivity remains a source of deep anguish to their parents, Nigerians and people all over the world, who believe in our shared humanity.”

The march, he said, “will be joined by some of the parents of the abducted girls, as we continue to stand in solidarity with the abducted 219 girls and their families.”

The students from Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, were abducted about six months ago by Islamic fundamentalists group, Boko Haram.The campaigners were prompted to call for a Global Week of Action and draw attention to government’s rescue efforts so far. Olawale said “The last 180 days have been one of dashed hopes, intense pain, and confusion for the families due to the lack of accurate information from government on the current status of rescue operation.

You should also read

Sign up for our Newsletter

Enter your email and stay on top of things,

Subscribe!