Christmas Day Horror: Candle Light Burns Medical Doctor To Death In Ondo

hospitalThe Chief Medical Director of Universal Medical Clinic, in Akure, Ondo State, Dr David Oguntuase, was burnt to death due to a Christmas day fire that razed his hospital.

Eyewitnesses say the fire, which might have been caused by a lit candle falling on the window blind of the room the doctor slept, began around 2 a.m. and lasted till 5 am in the morning. No sooner did the blind caught the blaze than it spread to other parts, and reinforced by an oxygen cylinder that exploded immediately.

Efforts by distressed neighbours to put out the fire failed, while firemen said there was no fuel in their vehicle when the neighbours purportedly called on them.

Oguntuase, according to NewmailNG, suspected a foul play and saying a candle couldn’t have ignited a fire of the magnitude that raze the building. Police have arrested members of the hospital staff, who were supposed to be on night duty the fateful day.

You should also read

Sign up for our Newsletter

Enter your email and stay on top of things,

Subscribe!