By Adebayo Williams
Boca Juniors forward Carlos Tevez has said that he could hand his boots at the end of 2016. The former Manchester United forward, who was handed a three-match ban after he was red-carded for dissent, said the game in his home country’s league is frustrating. The 32-year-old said the organisation and the activities of the media was negatively affected the league. He lamented the media’s influence on the association saying they had been influenced to suspend him.
“The penalty was given to me by journalists and not the committee,” he told Fox Sports.
“They pushed to give me three matches.
“If we draw, Boca are in crisis – River [Plate] not so much,” he continued.
“They [River] tie and play well, everything is nice. I enjoy football but not everything that surrounds it.”
Tevez was also lamented the short-term approach to fixture release. He said in the Argentine league, it is possible not to know an opponent till few days to the match.
“In Europe you know what date you will play each team for the first six months.
“Here, you find out on Monday if you play on Friday. There is a possibility I could quit at the end of the year. I’m thinking about it.”
Tevez had always made his intentions of an early retirement known. He last played for Juventus after enjoying successful spells at West Ham United, Manchester United and Manchester City.