By Tony Nwanne
A 43-year-old woman simply identified as Mama Oyinbo was electrocuted to death in Ozoro community headquarters of Isoko North Local Government Area, Delta State.
It was reported that the mother of four was electrocuted by a naked electricity wire that was dangling on the wall of her apartment at the Urude quarter of the community.
A neighbor, who spoke in anonymous said the woman had returned from her farm at about 6p.m., Friday, and decided to rest by leaning on the wall.
“Unknown to her, there was a naked wire on the wall, which someone was obviously working on before there was power cut in the community. “Part of her body was on the wire when power was suddenly restored and she was electrocuted.
At first, she fainted with the shock and was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital by her neighbours for medical attention. “There were initial fears that she had died, but she started showing signs of recovery and everybody thought she was in stable condition. But we were shocked when we received information some hours later that she died.”