Some female students residing in Bakassi Hall, a female hostel, at Yaba College of Technology, Lagos, are feard dead as a result of a fire incident that happened early this morning. However, an official, who craved anonymity, said the injured students survived and are currently being resuscitated. The affected students were allegedly electrocuted and have been rushed to the sschool’s Medical Centre.
According to multiple sources, a faulty electric cable sparked the hostel fire, which has become difficult for the fire service to curtail. Newsbreak.ng learnt of ongoing rescue effort to evacuate students yet stuck in the affected buildings.
A fire truck from the Lagos State Fire Service and two others owned by the University of Lagos have joined two others already fighting the fire. Three police vehicles and officers of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency are also on the school premises.
More to follow …