An 18-month-old baby has died after she was erroneously fed kerosene instead of water. The baby had requested water from her mother, Ata Buhari. But unknown to the mother, who also sells kerosene, her older children had playfully filled the baby’s feeding bottle with the cooking substance. The report by Sunday Vanguard said the incident happened at Iguma Street, Off Orewere Street,Medical Stores Road, Benin-City, about 10am. The baby suddenly developed a health problem and was rushed to the hospital, where she passed on. The baby’s father, Hassan Buhari, a bricklayer, appealed for help from the Edo state government and the public to overcome the poverty the family is facing, the report claimed.