JAMB Denies Deducting Candidates’ Marks In UTME

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has denied deducting marks scored by candidates who sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME.

Fabian Benjamin, JAMB’s  Head of Information and Media, said the rumour  was “false, devilish and a ploy to cause disaffection among candidates who participated in the 2017 UTME.”

“It is no longer news that all our centres have CCTV camera and we have watched all proceedings at the Computer Based Test (CBT) centres across the nation.

“Those involved in any infraction will be sanctioned in accordance with the provision of the Examination Malpractice Act.

“The board has not deducted any marks from any candidate and is not contemplating doing that as it is not a condition for sanction in any of the provisions of the law against malpractice.

“Again, we call on all candidates to be mindful of fraudulent characters who will send misleading information to create panic and take advantage of the situation to defraud them.” he said.

Benjamin said 1,698,835 candidates have so far participated in the examinations, leaving 19,950 candidates yet to sit for the exam fixed for Saturday, May 20.

He equally dismissed the allegation that JAMB held on to the results of some candidates because they are owning it some money.

He advised candidates not to pay any money to anybody, saying results have been sent to their candidates’ email addresses and also published on the JAMB website: http://www.jamb.org.ng

Benjamin said candidates to login to check the result with their registration number or with email address to print and urged candidates with any challenge  to contact the board or check its website for information and inquiries.

By Bright Bassey

 

 

You should also read

Sign up for our Newsletter

Enter your email and stay on top of things,

Subscribe!