Fire Claims Family Of Four In Lagos

A family of four has died in an overnight fire that engulfed their home at No 13, Buraimoh Street, in Bariga, Lagos. The fire reportedly began following the restoration of power to the area, after an initial blackout. However, some neigbhours said the dead might have lit a candle, which ignited the fire.

Rasak Fadipe, Director of Lagos State Fire Service,  who confirmed the incident said the incident occurred at about 2.48 a.m on Wednesday.

Fadipe said his men got to the scene of the incident as soon as they got information about the fire. He however said the double burglary irons on the door and window of the apartment did not allow them reach the victims in time.

“The apartment is a chemist store. The father, mother, and two children of ages five and eight were found dead inside the store.

“ We advise that although one needs security in his or her house or business place, it should not be to the detriment of the people.

“Members of the family should always know the exist of their apartment whenever there is an emergency,” he said.

 

  • Ashaolu Oluwafemi

 

 

You should also read

Sign up for our Newsletter

Enter your email and stay on top of things,

Subscribe!