Cristiano Ronaldo has won the fifth Ballon d’Or of his career to equal Lionel Messi’s record. Ronaldo led Real Madrid to their 12th Champions League title last season.
The 32-year-old was presented with his award in Paris on Thursday.
“Of course I feel happy. This is something I look forward to every year,” Ronaldo said at the ceremony at the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
“The trophies won last year helped to win this award. Thanks to the Real Madrid team-mates. And I want to thank the rest of the people who helped me reach this level.”
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
3. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain)
4. Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
5. Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
6. Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
7. Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain)
8. N’Golo Kanté (Chelsea)
9. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
10. Harry Kane (Tottenham)