Over 1.3million UTME Candidates Know Fate Today

single-image
  The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has said it will release over 1.3 million results of candidates that wrote the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination on Monday (today). Fabian Benjamin, head of information, JAMB, Sunday said the results would be released after they had gone through security checks and found to be without malpractice. He added that the UTME results of Computer-Based Test centres where the CCTV showed malpractices had been cancelled. We are presently viewing the CCTV to ensure that results are not released in several batches. On Monday, we will release over 1.3 million results. These are the results of the CBT centres that have been screened. We cannot say how many cases of malpractice we have yet, because we are still viewing the CCTV to discover more cases. Some strange findings that the CCTV has showed us include a situation where the CBT owners were collecting money from UTME candidates and seeing to how they could assist them. Our officials at the centres raised the alarm but they were also afraid so that their lives would not be endangered. What the JAMB officials did was to silently play along with them, but we were watching everything on the CCTV. We later sent operatives to the centres and caught them. Such UTME results were completely cancelled. We knew that there were some innocent candidates in such centres and we have asked them to go to other CBT centres and rewrite immediately, he said. Also, Benjamin said candidates whose fingers could not be captured during the biometric verification, would not be allowed to retake the examination, as they had already been disqualified. We have also concluded all arrangements to do the UTME for blind candidates. The examination is taking place in five centres. These are Abuja, Lagos, Kano, Benin and Enugu. The candidates are writing on Monday (today), he added.  
ads

Latest in this Category

ads