Man Drinks Insecticide, Dies In Lagos

single-image

A man, Willie Uyime has died after he unknowingly drank insecticide at a Chinese lounge and bar on Adeniran Ogunsanya Street, in the Surulere area of Lagos state.

The deceased was said to have gone to the bar in company of his friends to unwind. The deceased reportedly drank the insecticide, thinking it was water.

“While they were discussing, they discovered that one of their friends, Willie Uyime, had started throwing up. It was suspected that he took insecticide kept beside their seat. He was rushed to the general hospital where he was confirmed dead,” Punch quoted a police source as saying.

“No arrest has been made. But I think the bar operators should be questioned for negligence. The fact that the deceased picked the insecticide on the table showed that it was displayed at an open place.”

The incident happened on Saturday around 11pm.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, SP Chike Oti, confirmed the incident, adding that investigation had commenced into the case.

He said, “He visited the Chinese lounge and bar with his friends to drink. The insecticide was inside a bottled water container, so he thought he was drinking water. We are investigating the matter and the bar manager is being questioned.”

Raphael Adenaike

Latest in this Category