Military Forewarned Of Dapchi Abduction – Report

single-image
The Amnesty International has claimed the Nigerian security forces were forewarned of Boko Harams penetration into Dapchi, where 110 schoolgirls were abducted last month. The AI Tuesday published on its website the outcome of an investigation it did into the matter. The Nigerian authorities must investigate the inexcusable security lapses that allowed this abduction to take place without any tangible attempt to prevent it, said Osai Ojigho, Amnesty Internationals Nigeria Director. He added: Evidence available to Amnesty International suggests that there are insufficient troops deployed in the area, and that an absence of patrols and the failure to respond to warnings and engage with Boko Haram contributed to this tragedy, said Osai Ojigho. The Nigerian authorities have failed in their duty to protect civilians, just as they did in Chibok four years ago. Despite being repeatedly told that Boko Haram fighters were heading to Dapchi, it appears that the police and military did nothing to avert the abduction. The Nigerian authorities have failed in their duty to protect civilians, just as they did in Chibok four years ago. Despite being repeatedly told that Boko Haram fighters were heading to Dapchi, it appears that the police and military did nothing to avert the abduction. The global human rights organisation urged the government to ensure the return of the girls. The AI said government repeated the laxity that led to abduction of 276 schoolgirls in Chibok, Borno state, in the Dapchi schoolgirls saga.  
ads

Latest in this Category

ads