Conte Has Not Confirmed Chelsea Exit – Bakayoko

Chelsea midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko would be “disappointed” to see head coach Antonio Conte leave the club this summer.

The Italian looks set to depart Stamford Bridge at the end of the season having seen his side’s hopes of Champions League qualification fade with a draw against Huddersfield on Wednesday night.

Despite potential FA Cup glory this month and leading Chelsea to the Premier League title last year, Conte’s future has been in doubt this season with reports suggesting the Blues have already lined up possible replacements for Conte.

But Bakayoko, a £40m signing from Monaco last summer, has backed the 48-year-old and admits Conte “has not said anything” to the squad over his Chelsea future.

Asked about speculation over Conte’s job, he told Sky Sports News: “I don’t really pay attention to that.

“He’s never said that he might leave and he’s always extremely focused on winning, on doing well in the season.

“As a player, I would be disappointed [if he leaves]. We all like working with the coach and having this relationship in the long-term.

“I’ve been working with him for a year and I’ve progressed a lot under him but it’s really up to the club management, up to him and his entourage but he hasn’t said anything.

Sign up for our Newsletter

Enter your email and stay on top of things,

Subscribe!