Looters’ List: Dokpesi Sues Lai Mohammed, Demands N5bn

Peoples Democratic Party chieftain and founder of AIT/Raypower FM, Raymond Dokpesi has sued Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information and culture, for including his name on the looters’ list released by the federal government.

The media mogul is seeking N5billion damages for alleged defamation of character.

This is coming after his United States visa was revoked for being included on the looters’ list.

According to him, the defendants allegedly sent his name as a looter to the United States Embassy, which in turn notified him on March 16 that his visa had been revoked.

The plaintiff said the publication of his name as a looter was malicious since he has not been convicted by any court of competent jurisdiction.

In the suit by his lawyer Chief Mike Ozekhome, SAN, Dokpesi is praying for a perpetual injunction restraining the defendants or their agents from further making any defamatory publications against him, and N50million as cost of the action.

“The defendants’ defamatory publications are malicious and calculated to overreach and prejudice my fair trial and for purposes of stampeding and cowing the court to convict me at all cost by agreeing with the defendants’ skewed position,” the plaintiff said.

Sign up for our Newsletter

Enter your email and stay on top of things,

Subscribe!