Two people have died and another person is in a critical condition after falling ill at a dance music festival in Hampshire.
An 18-year-old woman and a 20-year-old man died in separate incidents at Mutiny Festival in Portsmouth. Two others remain in hospital after 15 people were admitted overnight.
Police said the deaths were not being treated as suspicious.
Organisers cancelled Sunday’s event “as a safety precaution”.
A Queen Alexandra Hospital spokesman said some of the people treated presented with “drug-related” symptoms. It could not confirm if all 15 illnesses were related to drugs.
A statement on Facebook read: “The safety of our amazing customers has always been paramount to us and so to keep everyone safe and in respect to those who have passed, we have taken the decision not to open today.”
The decision “was not taken lightly” and had been supported by “the local statutory authorities,” it added.
Earlier, the festival at King George V Playing Fields in Cosham had issued a “harm prevention alert” apparently warning about the use of drugs.
The message to festivalgoers described a “dangerous high-strength or bad-batch substance on site”.
Festivalgoer Liam Blair, from Southampton, was one of thousands of revellers making their way home early after the event’s cancellation.
He said closing the festival early was a “respectful” decision and that there was an atmosphere of “shock” as news of the deaths spread.
“You just don’t expect that to happen to people so young,” he said.