Breast cancer isnt only a womans disease. Men can also get breast cancer, although its rare it happens when cells grow out of control inside the breast. Cancer in the breast can spread to other parts of the body.
Symptoms of male breast cancer are the same as those in women. But because men dont regularly check their breasts or get mammograms, the signs are easier to miss.
Below are signs of breast cancer in men:
- a lump in one breast
- a nipple that pushes inward (inverted nipple)
- discharge from the nipple
- pain in the nipple
- redness, scaling, dimpling, or other changes to the skin over the breast
- redness or sores on the nipple and areola (the colored ring around the nipple)
- swollen lymph nodes under your arm