An apple a day isn’t the only thing that keeps the doctor away, eating onions on a daily basis can also keep the doctor away by cleansing and detoxifying the body to prevent and treat ailments like diabetes and heart disease.
Overall, red onions contain a higher amount of antioxidant compounds. They are higher in total flavonoids than white onions and yellow onions are considered to be in the middle.
Onions contain fiber and folic acid, a B vitamin that helps the body make healthy new cells. Onions are healthy whether they’re raw or cooked, though raw onions have higher levels of organic sulfur compounds that provide many benefits.
1. Daily intake of onion makes the skin smooth and healthy. Antioxidants present in onion improves skin texture and prevent skin diseases.
2. Onion does not only help the skin but also purifies the blood and promotes health. Purified blood which results in extra skin glowing.
3. Flavonoids are very much present in onion, which helps with the absorption of Vitamin C in the body.
4. Onion has skin lightening properties too, it stimulates the skin, bleaches it naturally and removes dead skin layers helping to even tone your skin and makes you glow.
5. Onion juice stimulates blood circulation and fastens the process of fading acnes spots.
6. One of the easiest and quickest beauty benefits of onion is that it that it helps in instant curing of dandruff when mixed with lemon peel.
7. Onion juice mixed with vitamin E oil helps lighten the lip when use before going to bed.