Liverpool gaffer Jurgen Klopp has said it is unlikely his team re-sign Barcelona’s Philippe Coutinho just over a year he departed Anfield.
The Brazilian player has found it difficult to break into the team at Nou Camp this season despite impressing last season and winning the La Liga crown as well as the Copa del Rey.
While he has featured in the Champions League and Copa del Rey, Coutinho’s start against Eibar last week was his first in La Liga since December 2, prompting talk that the playmaker was unhappy with his situation.
Speaking to reporters, Klopp ruled out a potetial, saying it is not a likely move for the Reds.
“That is something I don’t want to talk about,” Klopp told reporters. “I would not say it is a potential transfer or a likely one.
“Nothing to say. Whatever I say would open more stories and there is no story.
“Phil is at Barcelona and as I know he fits really well and everything is fine.”
Klopp’s Reds host Crystal Palace on Saturday, hoping to maintain their four-point advantage over Manchester City at the top of the Premier League table.