ISIS Claims Responsibility For Attack On Gov Shettima’s Convoy

single-image

Islamic State (ISIS) has claimed responsibility for Tuesday’s attack on the convoy of Borno State governor, Kashim Shettima, who was headed to a rally ahead of Saturday’s presidential election.

The group, which made the claim on Wednesday, said in a statement on its Amaq news agency that 42 people were killed in the attack.

Official sources told Reuters earlier on Wednesday between three and 10 people were killed, and that some of them may have been beheaded.

Security sources said earlier on Wednesday the gunmen opened fire at the motorcade transporting Shettima on his way from Maiduguri to the market town of Gamboru for a rally.

 

JA

Latest in this Category

?> ?>