Gil Marin, Atletico Madrid chief executive, has confirmed that Antoine Griezmann will sign for Barcelona this summer.
The French striker announced that he would be leaving the club at the end of the 2018/19 season after a five-year stay in the Spanish capital.
The 28-year-old has been heavily linked with a switch to Camp Nou in recent months, although both Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain have been linked with the World Cup winner.
However, speaking to Sport on Wednesday night, Marin said: “We have known since March that Griezmann is going to Barcelona.”
While on international duty earlier this week, Griezmann said his new club would be revealed in the coming days.
“There’s a need for patience, as it’s still soon,” he said. “I want my future to be decided more than anyone, but there’s a need to wait.
“I don’t know if I’ll remain in Spain. Maybe in two weeks we’ll know something. I just want to play football and have fun,” he stated.
Griezmann was strongly linked with a move to the Catalans last summer, but he eventually opted to stay with Atletico, releasing a video to confirm his decision to stay in Madrid.
But that changed about a year later, when he announced he would be leaving the club he joined from Real Sociedad in 2014.
“It’s been an incredible five years; Thank you very much for everything, I take you in the heart,” Griezmann said.
The Frenchman scored 133 goals in 257 games for Diego Simeone’s side, but he is now set to form a formidable strike trio with Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez at Camp Nou.