Muhammed Bulala, a 40-year-old man, has been electrocuted in Auyo Local Government Area of Jigawa State, the police have said.
Abdu Jinjiri, the police spokesperson in the state, told journalists on Tuesday, that the incident occurred in Gamsarka village at about 2:20pm on Monday.
Jinjiri said the deceased got electrocuted, after climbing an electric pole to reconnect a cable earlier disconnected by the officials of Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO).
“On Jan. 27 at about 3 pm., the police received a report from Gamsarka in Auyo LGA that, at about 2:20 pm, Bulala, aged 40, deliberately climbed a KEDCO pole cable.
“He climbed the pole to reconnect a cable earlier disconnected by KEDCO officials due to non-payment of bill.
“Unfortunately, he got electrocuted, fell and died on the spot,” he said.
The police spokesperson said that the corpse was initially taken to Auyo Comprehensive Hospital, and was later released to his relatives for burial.
He said that investigation into the case is ongoing, however, that no foul play was suspected.