Donald Trump, US President, will make a statement later on Wednesday, after Iran launched about 25 missiles into bases used by American troops and coalition forces in Iraq.
Iran said it took proportionate retaliatory strikes, following the killing of General Qaseem Soleimani in a US drone strike in Baghdad last week.
Iranian commanders in an official statement, said they launched the missiles around 1:25.am on Wednesday, saying that two of them did not explode.
They added that there were no “Iraqi casualties”, as they were launched at US military bases.
Trump, after he was briefed on the development, doused the tension between the US and Iran over the past days, saying “all is well”, insinuating that no US service personnel was killed in the attacks.
He tweeted: “All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.”
Iranian Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Khameni, had vowed “harsh revenge” against the US, while declaring three days of mourning for Soleimani, which is expected to end today.
Millions in cities across Iran had turned out to honour the slain general, who was said to be the second most powerful person in the country after Khameni.
The European parliament, legislative arm of the European Union, has accused President Muhammadu Buhari-led government …
The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has said Boko Haram insurgents have damaged the electricity …