Fire has gutted two buildings on Onadeko street, Lawanson, Surulere area of Lagos, destroying properties worth millions of naira.
It took the intervention of the Lagos State Fire Service, to put out the inferno that started around 1:30 am on Tuesday morning.
An eyewitness, Kehinde Okelade, told Newsbreak.ng that two trucks of the fire service helped put out the fire. Though, there was no casualty, Okelade noted that one of the occupants of the house woke up in the middle of the night after the smoke of the inferno was already choking her.
“An occupant of one of the buildings said she was sleeping and the smoke of the fire was already choking her, so she immediately called for her before the fire razed the roof of the two building.”
Okelade further stated that the roof of the two houses, Number 10 and 12, have been razed as occupants of the building were seen gathering what is left from the fire incident.
Watch the video below;
— newsbreakngr (@newsbreakngr) December 3, 2019