An ongoing match in the opening day of the 2019 Wimbledon was halted, after a ball boy collapsed on court on Monday.
The boy is said to have fainted in the heat on court 11.
Marcos Giron, who lost in straight sets to Feliciano Lopez, was shocked by the incident, as staff helped the boy back to his feet and assisted by medics.
Fans voiced their concern after seeing the boy collapse.
One wrote: “A little bit of a scary moment out here: a ball kid has fallen ill on Court 11.
“A pair of line umpires & Louise Engzell tried to sit him down on a chair but he’s laying on the ground with some water as they wait for some kind of assistance.”
Another said: “Ballkid injury delay in Giron-Lopez, now tied at 2-all in the first.
“Ballboy in question lying prone on the grass as Feli heads over to check in on things. The players then go have a sit in their changeover chairs.”
Another concerned fan stated: “A ballkid has just been carried off court 11.”
Ball boys and girls had reportedly revealed the tough training schedule they were made to go through ahead of the tournament.
Around 1,000 initial applicants were registered to form the elite squad of ball boys and girls dubbed “BBGs” by tournament organisers.
With an average age of 15, all BBGs are drawn from around 30 schools close to the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in SW19.
There have been intense heat wave across Europe, which resulted in Spain being hit with wild fire as recent as last week.